Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Beauty 411: Bringing Sexy Back!

Valentine’s Day is looong gone, but I’m still holding on to the vivacious colour of amour. 

I love that red is a very passionate, fiery, audacious colour.  It’s attention getting and exudes undeniable smouldering sexiness. I don’t wear the colour often, but I am slowly but surely sneaking it into my daily wardrobe. 

One of the ways that it creeps into my look is by flaunting a very kissable red lip.

Wearing red lipstick wasn’t the easiest transition for me.  I thought it was too clownish, too brash. I am a nude lip kinda girl, and nothing was going to change that!   I love my fave pink/nude lip gloss sooo much, that I keep an emergency stash in my makeup case at all times.  A little OCD, no?

Starting a new year and wanting to make a change to my “look”, I decided to jump on the red lipped bandwagon. 

I spent hours scouring a variety of cosmetic lines to find the perfect red hue.  After testing a plethora of colours on my hand, I narrowed it down to two shades—Crimson and Ruby, both from Revlon.  I bought both as they were inexpensive and the colours seem quite intense. 

On a night out with one of my girls, I decided to wear Crimson.  It was definitely a bolder lip than what I was used to, but I liked it!  Very va-va-voom!  It was like my face was awakened and I felt an overpowering amount of confidence.  I loooved the jolt of colour. 

The Ruby-coloured lipstick was just as hot, but my fave is definitely Crimson.  I am a convert.  Red is my new lip colour of choice. 

Wearing red lipstick is not for the faint of heart; if you don’t like receiving lots of attention and engaging in harmless flirting than proceed with caution!

Michelle

No comments: