Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I whip my hair back and forth


I, like Britney, Jessica and of course Nicki Minaj, all rock, ahem....fake hair.  Yes, I said it!  Nicki dons a myriad of brightly hued wigs, while Britney, Jessica and I opt for extensions. 

But as of May of this year, I have returned to my roots (so to speak) and kicked my extensions to the curb.  I was looking for a change and getting rid of my shoulder length black and caramel coloured twists was definitely the change that I was looking for.

I decided it was time to sport my God given kinky, curly, natural hair and style my own hair. For all the naturalistas out there- it can be trying at times, eh?

However, I am completely loving (and trying to get used to) the journey.  I’ve flat ironed it, braided, twisted and worn it in a pseudo afro. I.am.loving.it! I will definitely rock it natural for the remainder of the summer.  After that, I’m not too sure what I will do.  But for now, I will continue to fluff up my badass fro!



Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the article. I am currently transition from relaxed hair to natural hair. It's demanding, but I'm tryihng to stay focused. What prods to you use?